Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd. is a leading supplier to Canada's resource industries. Having been in business for over 80 years, and offices located throughout Canada, O’Connell offers a stable and challenging work environment. As an equal opportunity employer we accept applications from all qualified persons. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent rotation schedule.
Close Date: 2014-08-22
Reporting to the superintendant, the incumbent is responsible for planning and scheduling of mobile equipment preventative maintenance in accordance with O’Connell’s fleet management practices and procedures.
· Tracking and communicating equipment purchases, rentals, returns, and transfers;
· Assisting with the annual budget preparations for the equipments;
· Scheduling daily equipment preventative maintenance service and coordinating this with mechanical supervisors;
· Monitoring and tracking of the equipment component oil analysis program;
· Monitoring and tracking of major component changes, wear items, service hour variance, equipment utilization, and damages;
· Daily upkeep of equipment repair and maintenance history records;
· Monitoring and tracking equipment warranty considerations;
· Ensuring all equipment has proper inspections, registrations, and additional requirements are satisfied as per O’Connell’s policies and government regulations;
· Maintaining preventative maintenance filter and oil/lube/grease inventory levels;
· Applying for annual and special trip permits required to transport heavy equipment;
· Assisting in the development and implementation of strategies and tools used to resolve issues arising from the dynamics of an expanding equipment fleet;
· Other tasks as needed and requested.
A technical diploma in any mechanical field of study
Mont Wright, Quebec
· Minimum of 3 year experience in maintenance planning or in heavy machinery planning/scheduling;
· Excellent written/oral communication skills are a requirement. Bilingualism (English/French) will be considered an asset;
· Strong computer skills including a good working knowledge of MS Excel and maintenance management programs are a requirement;
· High level of organizational skills, persistence, curiosity and enthusiasm;
· Valid driver’s license is a requirement.