Civil Engineers and Civil Engineering Technologists
Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd. is a leading supplier to Canada's resource industries. Having been in business for over 80 years, and offices located throughout Canada, O’Connell offers a stable and challenging work environment. As an equal opportunity employer we accept applications from all qualified persons. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent rotation schedule.
Close Date: 2015-03-12
Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd., and LECQ are leading suppliers to Canada's resource industries.
For over 80 years O’Connell has been safely providing quality heavy civil services to Canada’s resource based industries. Gaining a reputation of being both a contractor and employer of choice, we provide a challenging, stable, positive and rewarding work environment.
The company prides itself on having a highly technical and sophisticated workforce with a reputation for safely completing projects on time, on budget and with excellent quality results.
We are recruiting qualified Civil Engineers and Civil Engineering Technologists for various locations and roles including Cost Control, Field Engineering, Estimating, Project Engineers, Project Managers and Quality Control.
The ideal candidates will have a degree in Civili Engineering or the P.Tech Certifictaion from a recognized institution and have experience working in a Heavy Civil Environment. The tasks associated with these positions include but are not limited to:
- Management of field operations in the heavy civil industry.
- Calculating project/estimate take-offs, reviewing specifications and tracking material quantities.
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications to determine layouts of structures or systems and material requirements.
- Preparing reports to document project activities and production reporting.
- Identifying and monitoring project critical activities and necessary associated resource allocation.
- Inspecting project sites for safety and quality issues to ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes, including the completion of ITPs.
- Co-ordinating, scheduling and managing the delivery of all materials required for project construction to satisfy schedule requirements.
- Aiding in the planning/surveying on work sites and analuzing project details during construction.
The ideal candidates will have a degree in Civil Engineering or P. Tech Certification from a recognized institution.
In addition, the candidates should possess 3-5 years work experience and have the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience working with concrete foundations and reinforced concrete structures.
- Experience in managing heavy civil projects (earthworks and concrete).
- Familiar with using AutoCAD, would be an asset.
- Familiar with using scheduling software, such as Primavera and Microsoft Project would be an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Personal initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
Willing to work in remote locations on a rotational basis is required.